Understanding high-risk insurance can sometimes be challenging, so we get lots of frequently asked questions about SR22 and FR44 insurance in talking with our customers. For instance, many people want to know how to get lower insurance rates or what happens with their SR22 requirement if they move to another state. The information provided here will help you better understand how high-risk insurance works and how it allows you to regain your driving privileges.
Click on the links below for answers to SR22 and FR44 frequently asked questions.
More SR22 and FR44 information is provided on our SR22 Information Resources page as well.
Frequently asked question – what is SR22 and FR44 insurance?
States that require high-risk insurance after a license suspension require an SR22 filing for any kind of motor vehicle violation. Florida and Virginia require an SR22 filing after non-alcohol-related violations; but after a DUI offense, these two states want an FR44 filing for license reinstatement.
Two kinds of SR22 and FR44 insurance
Another frequently asked questions concerns the two kinds of SR22 and FR44 insurance and certificate. You’ll need owner/owner-operator insurance if you own a car, with the certificate attached to your auto policy. If you don’t own a vehicle, you’ll get a non-owner insurance policy and attach your certificate to it.
These frequently asked questions are a quick introduction to SR22/FR44 insurance. Our agents look forward to talking with you and will make your certificate filing quick and easy! UltraCar Insurance provides SR22 insurance in 34 states and FR44 insurance in Florida and Virginia. Get affordable quotes by phone or online today!
- Can I drive with non-owner SR22 insurance?
- What is SR22 out-of-state insurance?
- How long do I need SR22 insurance?
- Can you get a cross-state SR22 without a car?
- Do you still need SR22 if you sell your car?
- Do I need insurance to drive a borrowed car?
- Can I get SR22 without a car?
- FR44 Non Owner Insurance Florida – FAQ
- What happens to my FR44 if I move out of state?
- Can I get Virginia FR44 motorcycle insurance?
- What’s the difference between SR22 and FR44 insurance?
- What is FR44?
- Can you buy SR22 insurance without a vehicle?
- What is FR44 Virginia?
- What is broad form SR22 insurance?
- What is non owners SR22 insurance?
- What is FR44 insurance Virginia?
- What is FR44 Florida?
- What is high risk insurance?
- What is a financial responsibility form?
- What is a non owner policy?
- What are reasons for SR22 insurance?
- What is SR22?