Finding non owner SR22 insurance companies to advise you and file your SR22 certificate can be a frustrating task. UltraCar Insurance is a long-standing and reliable insurance provider with each of our agents licensed in the states we offer SR22 insurance. We make it easy to file your SR22 certificate!
Finding reliable non owner SR22 insurance companies
You’ll find quite a few online insurance companies based in states other than your own. They provide non owner SR22 insurance, but sometimes their agents are not licensed in your state. Agents not licensed in your state may do business under the license of the company’s principal agent. However, this is illegal.
One reason non owner SR22 insurance companies have unlicensed agents is to avoid paying a licensing fee for each agent in each state where they operate. To avoid dealing with an unlicensed SR22 insurance agent, ask a few direct questions before you purchase a policy, such as:
- “Are you a licensed agent in my state?”
- “Would I be able to find your name if I contact my state department of insurance?”
- “What is your state license number?” You can then verify their license credentials by logging on to the department of insurance in your home state.
Heads up: If an agent asks you for a sizeable down payment or states that they have THE best rates in your area, the company may not be reliable.
Factors that determine your SR22 insurance rate
- Age: Younger drivers will generally pay a higher premium than older drivers.
- Area: Premiums in higher density areas will be more expensive than in rural areas.
- Prior Insurance: Most non owner SR22 insurance companies offer a discount if you’ve had continuous insurance coverage for a year or more. That includes having standard non owner insurance.
- Owning a home: If you own a home, you’ll get a homeownership discount on SR22 insurance.
- Married: You will often get a discount on insurance if you’re married.
- Moving violations: This is a significant consideration in determining your rate for a non owner policy.
- In general, any moving violation you’ve had in the past 3 to 5 years will affect your rate, regardless of whether or not you’ve paid the ticket(s).
- Payment in full: You’ll receive a discount if you pay the entire term premium in full.
These articles on our website contain more information about non owner insurance, with or without an SR22 endorsement:
UltraCar Insurance has dedicated, experienced agents licensed in each of the states where we operate. You’ll receive honest, straightforward answers to your questions without any pressure. We never advertise that we have the lowest price, but we do offer some of the best rates available. We do our best to earn your business, even after you’ve fulfilled your SR22 requirement.
When you’re looking for non owner SR22 insurance companies, speak with a licensed UltraCar Insurance agent for your non owner SR22 insurance quote.
This article was last updated on March 12th, 2020 by UltraCar Insurance