When you have to buy high risk insurance for license reinstatement, what can you do to get cheap affordable SR22 insurance? Three ways to get lower SR22 insurance premiums are to have years of driving experience, practicing defensive driving and having a good driving record. If you’re usually this type of driver, UltraCar Insurance can help you get lower insurance rates.
Ways to get cheap affordable SR22 insurance, before you need it:
- Take advantage of an insurance discount by having continuous coverage without any lapse for a period of 1-5 years, whether you own a vehicle or not.
- Keep a clean driving record. Any traffic moving violation tickets within a 3-5 year period can impact your rate.
- Own a home or a condo.
- If you don’t own a vehicle, obtaining non owners insurance (with or without an SR22 filing) will provide additional protection to you in case of an accident while driving another person’s vehicle. Additionally, being insured before you own a car indicates financial responsibility, and can save you money on auto insurance if you do buy a car.
Vehicle safety features and insurance rates
Do safety devices on newer vehicles help you get cheap affordable SR22 insurance? It seems logical, but the answer to this question is yes – and no.
New safety technology like rear view cameras, airbags, anti-theft devices and blind spot detection systems make newer model cars safer, reducing the chance of accidents. Some new safety devices can even be installed on older models, which can benefit younger drivers who often drive older vehicles.
Insurance companies usually provide discounted rates on vehicles that have safety equipment installed. But the cost to repair and replace these parts increases. Generic replacement parts that are usually cheaper won’t be available for many years to come. If an accident happens before generic parts are available, that increases the cost of repairs.
It takes several years before before new vehicle technologies transfer to less expensive, mid-rage vehicles. When that happens it results in safer vehicles throughout the economic spectrum. This in turn leads to cheaper rates overall for all types of auto insurance.
More about cheap affordable SR22 insurance
- Cheap Non Owner SR22 Insurance Alabama
- Cheap Non Owner SR22 Insurance Arizona
- Cheap Non Owner SR22 Insurance California
- Cheap Non Owner SR22 Insurance Oregon
- Cheap Non Owners SR22 Insurance South Carolina
- Cheapest Florida Non Owner SR22 Insurance
- Cheapest Texas Non Owner SR22 Insurance
A number of standard auto insurance companies don’t offer SR22 insurance. Even if they do, an additional fee for the filing may be added to your monthly premium. UltraCar Insurance specializes in providing cheap affordable SR22 insurance rates – without additional premium fees.
You can get SR22 insurance if you own a vehicle or if not. If you don’t own a car but need an SR22 filing for license reinstatement, you can purchase cheap non owners SR22 insurance. For affordable quotes, click the orange button or talk with one of our agents. We’re ready to discuss your SR22 insurance needs!
This article was last updated on August 24th, 2023 by UltraCar Insurance