The DUI-E Washington law prohibits texting and driving.

DUI-E Washington

If you need SR22 insurance after a DUI-E Washington violation, we can help. Start a quote now or call today.

DUI-E Washington

Last updated on February 15th, 2020 by

The DUI-E Washington law became effective in July 2017. DUI-E stands for Driving Under the Influence of Electronics. The purpose of the law is to reduce or eliminate the use of cell phones and other electronic devices while driving, which it considers equally as dangerous as driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI/DWI). Repeated violations of the Washington DUI-E law may lead to license suspension, requiring Washington SR22 insurance.

Many states are enacting distracted driving laws. In July 2017 Washington state enacted a distracted driving law called DUI-E Washington. DUI-E means driving under the influence of electronics. This legislation responds to the documented dangers of using cell phones or other electronic devices while operating a vehicle. (more…)

DUI laws in Washington deal with penalties for driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, medications, or a combination of these substances. Intoxicants include legal or illegal drugs, and prescription or over the counter medications. (more…)

To gain restricted driving privileges after a DUI conviction, you’ll have to obtain a Washington ignition interlock driver license (IIL). You’ll also have to install an ignition interlock device in the vehicle you drive and get SR22 insurance. (more…)

The Washington Implied Consent Law mandates that all licensed drivers implicitly consent to providing a breathalyzer test if an officer suspects DUI. You can refuse to take a sobriety test, but in many cases, the penalty for refusing is harsher than complying.


If you don’t own a vehicle you will need to purchase a non owner SR22 Washington state certificate to reinstate your suspended driver’s license. When you become eligible for license reinstatement your SR22 certificate will be attached to a non-owner insurance policy and filed by an insurance company with the Washington Department of Licensing (DOL). (more…)

If your license has been suspended and you don’t own a vehicle, you will need to purchase non owner SR22 insurance Washington to reinstate your license. You will need to work with an insurance provider licensed in the state of Washington who will attach the SR22 certificate to a non owner policy and file it with the Washington state Department of Licensing (DOL). (more…)

When your Washington state driver’s license has been suspended, you must purchase SR22 insurance Washington state to regain your driving privileges.┬áMotor vehicle offenses and other situations can result in driver’s license suspension, and commonly include: (more…)


Get An UltraCar Insurance Quote

Please fill out the form below, providing as much information possible, in order to quickly receive your UltraCar Insurance quote today!

* Required fields.
** Msg&data rates may apply. To unsubscribe, text STOP to 313131 (393939 in Canada). For help text HELP anytime. Available in USA & Canada. Up to 1 msg/mo. Your privacy is always protected and your information will not be shared. Powered by Ez Texting.