If you’re required to buy Florida FR44 insurance, UltraCar Insurance can file a Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance certificate that’s attached to your motorcycle, scooter, or moped policy.
FR44 is a financial responsibility form that’s issued by an insurance company licensed in Florida. Filing the certificate with the Florida DHSMV allows you to reinstate your license. The FR44 is monitored to ensure that there is no lapse in coverage for a period of three years. Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance is issued in twelve-month increments and must be paid in full up front.
Florida enforces some of the toughest DUI penalties in the country for people who are convicted of drinking and driving. Penalties include a mandatory license suspension period and a hefty fine – between $500 to $5000 for a first through a third conviction.
Things to know when considering Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance
- Compared to filing an FR44 with a car or truck policy, Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance can be much cheaper.
- If you own a motorcycle and a car, you can choose to tie your FR44 to the motorcycle in order to save on your premiums. An exception to this is if you’re required to install an ignition interlock device. Obviously, the FR44 certificate must then be tied to a car.
- You can buy a non owner FR44 policy if you don’t own any type of vehicle.
- If you do own a car or truck, you can’t buy a non owner policy in order to get a lower rate.
- When your only vehicle is a motorcycle, you can 1. endorse your FR44 certificate to your motorcycle policy, or 2. purchase a Florida non owner FR44 policy. In many cases, the rate for FR44 motorcycle insurance is cheaper than for non owner FR44 insurance.
- You can’t keep your current insurance carrier and purchase a separate non owner certificate to comply with your Florida FR44 requirement. Some states allow that, but not the state of Florida.
- If you have a non-alcohol related license suspension, see our SR22 Motorcycle Insurance page.
What does FR44 motorcycle insurance cost?
The cost of FR44 motorcycle insurance can vary significantly depending on several factors. The area or zip code you live in will affect your rate. You’ll pay much less if you live in a rural area, since the risk of accidents is lower than in urban areas. Other factors also play a role in the cost of FR44 insurance, such as the number of violations on your driving record within a three year period.
The Florida DHSMV website has detailed information about Florida DUI and Administrative Suspension Laws.
These articles on our website are related to FR44 motorcycle insurance:
- Motorcycle Insurance Options
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Florida FR44
- What is a financial responsibility form?
- What’s the difference between SR22 and FR44 insurance?
Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance can be a cost effective way to reinstate your license and fulfill your Florida DUI insurance requirement. UltraCar Insurance is here to help, regardless of your past history or credit score. Click to start a quote or call for a free, no obligation consultation with one of our licensed agents.