If you’re required to carry Florida FR44 insurance and you own a motorcycle, UltraCar Insurance can issue a Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance certificate tied to your motorcycle, scooter, or moped to file with the Florida DHSMV.
Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance is a financial responsibility form that’s issued by an insurance company licensed in Florida. This is a means for you to obtain license reinstatement, and serves as a monitoring device to make certain that you don’t have a lapse in coverage for a period of three years. Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance is issued in twelve-month increments and must be paid in full up front.
The state of Florida has some of the toughest DUI penalties in the country for people who drink and drive and are convicted. The penalties include a mandatory license suspension period and a hefty fine – between $500 to $5000 for a first through a third conviction.
A few things to be aware of when considering Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance:
- In comparison to someone who files an FR44 with a car or truck policy, Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance can be much cheaper.
- If you own a motorcycle and a car, you can choose to tie your FR44 to the motorcycle in order to save on your premiums – unless you’re required to install an ignition interlock device. Obviously, the FR44 certificate must then be tied to your car.
- If you don’t own any type of vehicle, you can purchase a non owner FR44 policy.
- If you own a car or truck, you cannot purchase a non owner policy in order to get a lower rate.
- If you own only a motorcycle, you can tie your FR44 policy to it, or you can purchase a Florida non owner FR44 policy. In many cases, the rate for FR44 motorcycle insurance is cheaper than for non owner FR44 insurance.
- You can’t keep your current insurance carrier and purchase a separate non-owners certificate in order to comply with your Florida FR44 requirement. Some states allow that, but not the state of Florida.
- If you need license reinstatement after non-alcohol related license suspension, see our SR22 Motorcycle Insurance page.
What does FR44 motorcycle insurance cost?
The cost of FR44 motorcycle insurance can vary significantly, depending on several factors. The area or zip code you live in will affect your rate. You’ll pay much less if you live in a rural area versus a major city, as there is a greater chance for an accident in urban versus rural areas. Your age also plays an important role in the cost of FR44 insurance, as well as the number of violations you may have accumulated within a three year period.
More information related to Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance:
Detailed information about Florida DUI and Administrative Suspension Laws can be found on the Florida DHSMV website.
For other topics related to FR44 motorcycle insurance in Florida, visit these pages on our website:
- Motorcycle Insurance Options
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Florida FR44
- What is a financial responsibility form?
- What’s the difference between SR22 and FR44 insurance?
Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance can be a cost effective way to reinstate your license and fulfill your FR44 DUI insurance requirement. UltraCar Insurance is always here to help you with any situation that you may have regardless of your past history or credit score. Call us today and speak to one of our licensed agents for free, no obligation consultation.