If you need FR44 insurance, UltraCar Insurance can endorse and file a Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance certificate to your motorcycle, scooter, or moped policy.
FR44 is a financial responsibility form that’s issued by an insurance company licensed in Florida. Filing the certificate with Florida HSMV allows you to reinstate your license. The insurance company monitors FR44 policies to ensure that there’s no lapse in coverage for a period of three years. Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance policies have a twelve-month term that you have to pay in full upfront.
Florida enforces some of the most severe DUI penalties in the country. Penalties for those convicted of drinking and driving include mandatory license suspension and a hefty fine. Fines levied are between $500 and $5,000 for a first through a third conviction.
Things to know if you’re considering Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance
- Compared to filing an FR44 with a car or truck policy, Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance can be much cheaper.
- If you own a motorcycle and a car, you can choose to tie the FR44 to your bike to save money. An exception to this is if you have to install an ignition interlock device, which is done only on a car or truck.
- You can buy a non-owner FR44 policy if you don’t own any vehicle.
- If you do own a car or truck, you can’t buy a non-owner policy to get a lower rate.
- When your only vehicle is a motorcycle, you can endorse your FR44 certificate to your motorcycle policy or buy a
- Florida non owner FR44 policy. In many cases, the rate for FR44 motorcycle insurance is cheaper than for non-owner FR44 insurance.
- You can’t keep your current insurance and purchase a separate non-owner certificate to comply with your Florida FR44 requirement. Some states allow that, but not the state of Florida.
- If you have a non-alcohol related license suspension, see our SR22 Motorcycle Insurance page.
What does FR44 motorcycle insurance cost?
The cost of FR44 motorcycle insurance can vary significantly depending on several factors. The area or zip code you live in will affect your rate. You’ll pay much less if you live in a rural area since the risk of accidents is lower than in urban areas. Other factors also play a role in the cost of FR44 insurance, such as the number of violations on your driving record within three years.
The Florida HSMV website has detailed information about Florida DUI and Administrative Suspension Laws.
These articles on our website are related to FR44 motorcycle insurance:
- Motorcycle Insurance Options
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Florida FR44
- What’s the difference between SR22 and FR44 insurance?
Florida FR44 motorcycle insurance can be a cost-effective way to reinstate your license and fulfill your Florida DUI insurance requirement. UltraCar Insurance is here to help, regardless of your history or credit score. Click to start a quote or call for a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our licensed agents.
This article was last updated on April 24th, 2020 by UltraCar Insurance