Even when you don’t own a vehicle, several situations can result in driver’s license suspension. Various personal circumstances happen that require people to buy non owners SR22 South Carolina for license reinstatement. Some of these reasons include:
- Driving without insurance is one of the most common reasons for license suspension
- Driving without a valid license
- Unpaid fines
- A legal judgment
- Repeated moving violations causing excessive points on your DMV record
- A DUI conviction for exceeding the legal BAC (blood alcohol content)
What is non owners SR22 South Carolina?
When you don’t own a vehicle, you may depend on borrowing one owned by someone else from time to time. If you get a license suspension, you’ll need to buy . The SR22 is an endorsement to the non-owner insurance policy that allows the reinstatement of your license.
SR22 is a financial responsibility form an insurance provider files with the state on your behalf. Financial responsibility means that you agree to keep your SR22 premiums paid up to date. It’s in your best interest not to let your policy lapse while the state requires you to carry non owners SR22 South Carolina insurance.
In most cases, the state requires you to carry SR22 insurance for three years. The South Carolina DMV determines how long you’ll have to maintain this insurance.
Limitations of non-owner insurance
There are restrictions of non owner insurance coverage. It’s a good idea to confirm the following before driving someone’s car*:
- Make sure the owner insures the car
- The insurance is current
- There’s a proof of insurance card in the glove compartment
* If the vehicle you drive is not insured, your non-owner SR22 insurance may not cover you.
More about non owners SR22 South Carolina
More information about license reinstatement in South Carolina is available on the South Carolina DMV website.
The following articles on our website are related to South Carolina non-owner insurance:
- SR22 Non Owner SC
- South Carolina SR22 Insurance Cost
- Non Owner SR22 vs SR22 Insurance
- I have no car but need SR22 insurance
UltraCar Insurance can file your SR22 certificate with the DMV in less than 20 minutes. Start a quote now, or call for a no-obligation consultation with one of our licensed agents. We’ll find you a low rate on South Carolina non-owner SR22 insurance!
This article was last updated on August 26th, 2020 by UltraCar Insurance