You’ll want to find a reputable, qualified insurance provider to file your SR22 non owner SC insurance certificate. There are a lot of companies online that offer SR22 insurance in South Carolina. Due to the cost of licensing agents in multiple states, sometimes a company’s agents won’t be licensed in your state. Or, their agents may operate under the principal agent’s license. However, this is not legal.
Verify the credentials of your South Carolina SR22 provider
It’s advisable to ask some questions before purchasing an SR22 non owner SC policy. For example:
- “Are you licensed in South Carolina to sell non owner SR22 insurance?”
- “Would I be able to find your name with the South Carolina Department of Insurance?”
- “What is your producer license number?”
You can go to the South Carolina Department of Insurance (SCDOI) online services database and search for the company and agent you’re considering.
How your SR22 non owner SC rate is determined
- Your age: Your premium will usually be higher if you are a young, less experienced driver than if you’re an older driver.
- Where you live: If you live in a more populated area, you’ll likely pay more than if you live in a rural area.
- Prior insurance: If you’ve previously carried insurance for a year or more – even non owner insurance – most insurance companies will offer you a discount.
- Being a homeowner: Most insurance companies offer an SR22 insurance discount if you own a home.
- Marital status: Married individuals will often receive a discount on non owner insurance.
- Moving violations: This is the most relevant factor in determining your SR22 non owner SC insurance rate. If you’ve had any moving violation in the past 3 to 5 years, your rate will usually it will be higher, even if you paid the fines and fees.
- Full term payment: A discount is applied when you pay your premium in full for the entire term.
What does non owner SR22 insurance cover?
SR22 non owner SC insurance is cheaper than SR22 insurance for vehicle owners. That’s because non owner insurance is different in several ways. You’ll want to be familiar with the limitations and exclusions of non owner SR22 insurance. See non owner insurance coverage for more information
UltraCar Insurance is a reputable provider of South Carolina non owner SR22 insurance. Our agents are licensed in South Carolina, with years of experience providing SR22 high-risk insurance. You’ll get answers to all your questions, with no sales pressure.
UltraCar Insurance offers highly competitive non owner SR22 insurance quotes from top insurance companies. We also work to serve your long term auto insurance needs. Get a no-obligation SR22 non owner SC quote, and we’ll file your certificate directly with the South Carolina DMV in 15 minutes or less!