Indiana SR50 Insurance

Indiana SR50 Insurance

We make it easy to get quick license reinstatement with an Indiana SR50 insurance filing. Click to start a quote now!

Indiana SR50 Insurance

Last updated on June 13th, 2019 by

To reinstate your license after a suspension, Indiana SR22 and Indiana SR50 insurance certificates are filed with the Indiana BMV. These documents are attached to your auto insurance policy if you have a vehicle, or to a non-owner insurance policy if you don’t. You’ll have to maintain SR50/SR22 insurance for about 3 years, without any lapse of coverage.

The Indiana BMV usually requires you to file both an Indiana SR50 insurance certificate and an SR22 certificate for license reinstatement. UltraCar Insurance always files both of these certificates for you at no additional cost to ensure your license is reinstated without delay,

Why do I need Indiana SR50 insurance?

The most common reasons to file an Indiana SR50 insurance certificate are:

  • Operating a vehicle without insurance
  • Uninsured accident
  • Multiple motor vehicle violations (too many points on a driver’s record)
  • Refusal to take a breath or blood test
  • A DUI or DWI conviction
  • Child support order
  • Legal judgment

How does SR50 insurance work?

Indiana SR22 and SR50 certificates are documents required for driver’s license reinstatement. Indiana SR50 insurance is an affidavit of current insurance, which means that you currently carry the state minimum required liability insurance. The Indiana SR22 certificate is a guarantee that you will carry insurance for a future specified period of time. In most cases, high risk insurance is required for 3 years. After all other requirements have been met, filing one or both of these certificates is a final condition for license reinstatement.

While you’re required to carry Indiana SR50 insurance, the status of your policy is monitored closely. If it lapses at all, your insurance provider notifies the Indiana BMV by submitting an SR26 filing. This results in immediate suspension of your license. Additional fines, fees or other penalties may be assigned in order to reinstate your license again.

Can I get this insurance if I don’t own a vehicle?

If you own a vehicle, the SR50 and SR22 certificates are endorsed to your auto insurance policy. If you don’t own a car, truck or motorcycle, one or both certificates are attached to a policy called Non Owner Car Insurance Indiana.

See the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles website for additional details about Indiana license suspension and reinstatement.

To get an Indiana SR50 insurance quote, click the button or talk with an UltraCar Insurance agent today!


Get An UltraCar Insurance Quote

Please fill out the form below, providing as much information possible, in order to quickly receive your UltraCar Insurance quote today!

* Required fields.
** Msg&data rates may apply. To unsubscribe, text STOP to 313131 (393939 in Canada). For help text HELP anytime. Available in USA & Canada. Up to 1 msg/mo. Your privacy is always protected and your information will not be shared. Powered by Ez Texting.