SR22 insurance Texas is a financial responsibility form. If you own a vehicle, the SR22 certificate is added as a rider to your primary insurance policy. As a condition of Texas license reinstatement, you must first purchase an SR22 certificate from an insurance provider licensed in Texas. Your provider files it with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS). SR22 Texas is a high risk insurance policy you must carry for a mandated time period without lapse, expiration or cancellation. During that time period your insurance provider monitors the policy, and is required to submit an SR26 filing to the DPS if it lapses for any reason. If this occurs, the Texas DPS will suspend the individual’s driver’s license once again.
There are a number of reasons people have to carry SR22 insurance Texas:
- Driving a vehicle without insurance
- Uninsured auto accidents
- Failure to consent to a DUI test
- DUI or DWI convictions
- Drug possession
- Child support or neglect cases
- Too many points against a driving record
- Legal judgments
There are two types of SR22 insurance Texas: owner insurance is for vehicle owners, and non-owner insurance is for individuals who do not own a vehicle. If you don’t own a vehicle, the certificate is endorsed to a non owner insurance policy. If you don’t own a car and need SR22 insurance, see No Car SR22 Texas Insurance.
Facts about SR22 insurance Texas:
- You can purchase an SR22 certificate whether you own a vehicle or not
- SR22 insurance can be purchased if you own a car, truck or motorcycle
- If you own a vehicle SR22 can be purchased as a liability only policy or with collision and comprehensive coverage
- In most cases a Texas SR22 policy will need to be maintained for a period of three years, depending on individual circumstances
Information related to SR22 insurance Texas:
Non Owner SR22 vs SR22 Insurance
How SR22 insurance costs are determined
What are reasons for SR22 insurance?
Depend on UltraCar Insurance for competitive Texas SR22 insurance quotes. Whether you need owner or non owner SR22 insurance Texas, we’ll quickly find the best rate to suit your needs. Call us or click the button to start an online quote today!
This article was last updated on February 22nd, 2019 by UltraCar Insurance