Iowa drivers who commit certain motor vehicle violations can face penalties, including suspension of their driver’s license. If you are a non vehicle owner whose license has been suspended, you will be required to purchase non owner SR22 insurance Iowa for license reinstatement. An Iowa non owner SR22 certificate is filed with the Iowa Department of Motor Vehicles, and then monitored by your insurance provider for a period of time determined by the state of Iowa. If you do not maintain the insurance during that time period, the Iowa DMV is notified by your insurance provider, resulting in a repeat license suspension.
Non owner SR22 insurance Iowa is liability insurance that covers any non owned vehicle you drive occasionally. It is secondary to a vehicle owner’s primary insurance. If you are at fault in an accident while driving a vehicle owned by another person, your non owner SR22 insurance Iowa policy covers claims that exceed the vehicle owner’s primary insurance coverage.
Facts about non owner SR22 insurance Iowa:
- The policy covers only one person
- It is liability insurance for individuals who do not own a vehicle
- The policy does not include vehicles in the non owner SR22 policyholder’s household
- Rental or commercial vehicles are not covered by a non owner SR22 policy
- Non owner SR22 insurance does not include comprehensive or collision coverage
The state of Iowa typically requires non owner SR22 insurance Iowa to be maintained without interruption for three years. If you purchase an vehicle during this time, you will need to switch to an owner-operator Iowa SR22 insurance policy.
Besides driving without the proper liability insurance, other offenses that may require non owner SR22 insurance Iowa include:
- Child support or neglect cases
- Excessive points against a driver’s record
- DUI or DWI offenses
- Uninsured accidents
- Failure to take a breath or blood test
Iowa minimum liability insurance coverage requirements:
- $20,000 property damage incurred in one accident
- $40,000 for two or more persons in one accident
- $15,000 bodily injury for one person in one accident
UltraCar Insurance will find the best non owner SR22 insurance Iowa rates to suit your needs. We maximize your savings by comparing the rates of several top insurance companies. Submit our secure online form or give us a call today for quick Iowa non owner SR22 insurance quotes!