Washington ignition interlock and SR22 insurance for license reinstatement after a DUI conviction.

Washington Ignition Interlock

Repeat DUI offenses, and DUIs involving injury or death, require you to apply for a Washington ignition interlock license (IIL). You’ll also have to install an IID monitoring device in your car that strictly limits when and how often you can drive. When the state requires you to obtain an IIL and install IID equipment, you’ll also need to purchase a Washington SR22 insurance certificate.

To gain restricted driving privileges after a DUI conviction, you’ll have to obtain a Washington ignition interlock driver license (IIL). You’ll also have to install an ignition interlock device in the vehicle you drive and get SR22 insurance.