Finding the right company to handle your non owner SR22 insurance Texas can be either an easy or a frustrating task. Many out of state companies sell non owner insurance to Texas residents without their agents being properly licensed in the state of Texas. Unlicensed agents may try to hide this fact by referring to the operating license of the principal owner of the company, but this practice is illegal. It is expensive for an insurance agent or an insurance company to be properly licensed in every state in which they operate. Non owner SR22 insurance companies with unlicensed or improperly licensed agents may not want to or be able to pay the licensing fees, or may not qualify to be licensed in the state of Texas.
You can easily verify whether you’re dealing with an agent who is licensed to sell non owner SR22 insurance Texas by asking a few simple questions before purchasing your policy. For instance, ask “Are you yourself licensed in the state of Texas to sell SR22 insurance?” You can simply ask “What is your Texas producer license number?”, and then easily verify the agent’s license credentials by logging into Texas Department of Insurance. You can be certain with UltraCar Insurance that each of our agents is properly trained and licensed in the state of Texas to sell Texas non owner SR22 insurance.
Several factors affect the rate you will pay for non owner SR22 insurance Texas:
- Age: Younger drivers usually pay a higher premium than older drivers.
- Area: Areas with high density population have higher premiums than less populated rural areas. That’s the reason when you move to a different zip code you may see a change in your insurance premium – sometimes more, and other times less.
- Prior Insurance: All insurance companies offer discounts to those who have maintained auto insurance without any lapse of coverage for one year or more – even for individuals with non owner SR22 insurance policies.
- Owning a home: If you own a home, you’ll be able to take advantage of a home ownership discount on SR22 insurance.
- Married: Married people often receive an auto insurance discount.
- Number of moving violations: The number of moving violations you has the greatest influence on the rate you’ll pay for non owner SR22 insurance Texas. Usually, if you’ve had any moving violation in a 3-5 year period, even if it has been paid, it will affect your SR22 insurance rate.
- Paid in full premium: You’ll receive a discount if you pay your entire premium term in full.
Limitations of non owner SR22 insurance Texas
It’s important to know that non owner SR22 policies limit the vehicles you can drive, and exclude certain types of coverage.
- Non owner SR22 insurance is liability only coverage written on one person – the named insured.
- It covers you only when driving vehicles not owned by you, and only vehicles driven on an occasional basis.
- It does not cover vehicles owned by someone else in your household, or vehicles you have regular access to.
- It does not cover rental vehicles, commercial vehicles or any type of employment related vehicles.
Specific information about reinstating a driver’s license in Texas can be found on the Texas DPS website.
UltraCar Insurance invests in our agents, fully training and licensing each of them in the state of Texas. When you call you’ll get no-pressure, experienced advice and thorough answers to your questions. We never advertise that we have the cheapest Texas non owner insurance rates, but we do offer very competitive non owner SR22 insurance rates from top insurance companies, and do our best to earn your business on a long term basis. So be sure to check with UltraCar Insurance when you need non owner SR22 insurance Texas.