After a license suspension, persons in Mississippi who do not own a vehicle must purchase non owner SR22 insurance Mississippi for license reinstatement. SR22 non owners insurance has liability-only coverage, and serves as secondary insurance in the event you have an at-fault accident while driving a vehicle you don’t own. Non owner SR22 insurance is not written on a specific vehicle; it is written to cover any non owned vehicle you may occasionally drive. Non owners insurance pays claims in excess of a vehicle owner’s primary insurance coverage.
When you purchase non owner SR22 insurance Mississippi your insurance provider will file the certificate with the Mississippi DMV on your behalf. When the filing is completed you will be eligible to reinstate your license. Your insurance provider monitors the non owner SR22 policy closely to ensure that it is maintained for the entire time period required by the state. Mississippi requires most high risk insurance policies to be carried for three years in most cases. If the policy lapses or is terminated for any reason, your insurance provider must notify the DMV by filing an SR26 form. This results in suspension of your driver’s license, and the process must be repeated again.
Non owner SR22 insurance Mississippi facts:
- It is a policy for non vehicle owners only
- It is written for one person only
- It is liability-only coverage
- It does not include comprehensive or collision coverage
- It does not cover vehicles in the household
- It does not cover rental or commercial vehicles
- It is written on one individual only
Following are common offenses or circumstances can result in suspension of a driver’s license:
- Uninsured accidents
- Refusing to submit to a breath or blood alcohol test
- DUI or DWI offenses
- Accumulating too many points on a DMV record
- Child support or neglect cases
- Legal judgments
UltraCar Insurance maximizes your savings with low rates on non owner SR22 insurance Mississippi from top rated companies. For competitive quotes and quick SR22 filing, submit our secure online form or give us a call today!