If your driver’s license is suspended and you don’t own a vehicle, you’ll need to buy non owner SR22 insurance Kansas to reinstate your license. This is a high risk insurance certificate that offers you liability protection when you drive a non-owned vehicle on occasion.
Common reasons people require non owner SR22 insurance Kansas
- Uninsured accidents
- Failure to submit a breath or blood test
- Child support cases
- Legal judgments
- Excessive points against your driving record
- DUI or DWI offenses
How does it work?
After filing your non owner SR22 insurance Kansas certificate, it is monitored by your insurance provider. If you let the policy lapse during the mandated time period (3 years in most cases), the Kansas DMV will suspend your license once again.
Non owner insurance is secondary to the auto insurance carried by a vehicle owner. This means that if you cause an accident when driving a borrowed vehicle, Kansas non owner SR22 covers claims that exceed the vehicle owner’s insurance coverage.
NOTE: If you register a vehicle in your name during the time you’re required to carry SR22 insurance, you will need to switch the policy to an SR22 insurance Kansas owner-operator policy.
Limitations of non-owner insurance
- Policy is written to cover one individual only
- Liability coverage only
- Can’t be purchased if you own a vehicle
- Does not cover driving commercial or rental vehicles
- Does not cover operating employment-related vehicles
- Will not cover you to drive vehicles owned by others in your household
- Only pays claims brought by the other party or parties involved in an accident in which you’re at fault
- Does not cover any vehicle you drive or passengers in the vehicle
The Kansas Department of Revenue website, Division of Vehicles has more information about suspended license solutions in the state.
UltraCar Insurance has offers low rates and quick SR22 insurance quotes without a vehicle. Our agents will match you with the right non owner SR22 insurance Kansas policy for your needs. Click the quote button to get started, or call us today!