If you have a suspended or revoked Kansas driver’s license, but do not own a vehicle, you will be required to purchase non owner SR22 insurance Kansas for license reinstatement, and will be required to carry this insurance for three years in most cases.
Non owner SR22 insurance Kansas is liability only insurance that covers any non owned vehicle you may drive on an occasional basis. Non owner SR22 insurance is secondary to the primary auto insurance carried by a vehicle owner. This means that if you are at fault in an accident when driving a vehicle owned by another person, non owner SR22 insurance Kansas covers claims after the vehicle owner’s primary insurance has reached its coverage limits. Just as with owner SR22 insurance, non owner SR22 insurance is monitored by your insurance provider. If it becomes void during the mandated time period, the Kansas DMV will suspend your license once again. If you register a vehicle in your name during the time you’re required to carry non owner SR22 insurance Kansas, you will need to switch the policy to an SR22 owner policy.
Some of the more common situations requiring drivers to carry non owner SR22 insurance Kansas :
- Uninsured accidents
- Failure to submit a breath or blood test
- Child support or neglect cases
- Excessive points against a driver’s record
- DUI or DWI offenses
Facts about non owner SR22 insurance Kansas:
- It is written for one individual only
- It is liability only coverage – it does not include comprehensive or collision coverage
- It cannot be purchased if the driver owns a vehicle
- It does not cover commercial or rental vehicle
- It does not cover vehicles in the policyholder’s household
As soon as we receive your request for non owner SR22 insurance Kansas, we survey rates from several top insurance companies to to provide you with Kansas non owner SR22 insurance quotes that meet your needs. Submit your inquiry today using our secure online form, or give us a call!