California DUI

We offer low SR22 insurance rates for license reinstatement after California DUI. Give us a call or click the quote button to get started today.

Start Your Quote
California DUI

California DUI

When you have a California DUI or DWI violation, one of the penalties is license suspension for a period of time. To obtain a restricted license to drive to and from work, you’ll need to buy and file a California SR22 insurance certificate. The SR22 certificate is an endorsement to an auto or non-owner insurance policy. You’ll need to work with a California licensed insurance provider to get an appropriate policy and certificate. California DUI insurance is available to vehicle owners, and to those who don’t own a car.

The decision to drive after drinking is one that can negatively affect your personal and financial life. If an officer pulls you over and you don’t pass the sobriety test, state will charge you with a California DUI violation. Failing the test leads to suspension of your driver’s license. You’ll then have to go through an administrative hearing process for license reinstatement.

What’s the license reinstatement process after a DUI?

The period of suspension for a California DUI violation is usually six months for the first offense if you’re over age 21. During that time you can request a hearing for a restricted license, so you can drive to and from work. After paying a reinstatement fee and filing an SR22 financial responsibility form with the California DMV, the state may grant you a restricted license. The SR22 in California is also called a “California Insurance Proof Certificate”. An SR22 insurance provider will file this certificate for you, whether you do or do not own a vehicle. SR22 is not a stand alone policy. If you own a vehicle, the SR22 is an endorsement to your existing auto insurance policy.

Non Owner California DUI insurance

If you don’t own a vehicle, you can still obtain California DUI insurance by getting non owner DUI insurance California. This filing allows you to legally operate a borrowed vehicle on an occasional, as-needed basis. For SR22 insurance quotes without a vehicle, see our California Non Owner SR22 Insurance page.

California DMV DUI Resources

After a California DUI conviction, UltraCar Insurance will help you obtain a restricted license so you can resume legally driving. We’ll write you a non owner policy if you don’t own a vehicle, or an owner-operator policy for your vehicle. You can count on a quick, accurate filing of your SR22 certificate by our California licensed agents. We guide you through the license reinstatement process so you can make the right SR22 DUI insurance choices for your needs.

This article was last updated on May 31st, 2021 by